Nurgle Hellcannon - Explosion of creative disease!

I know this is sick and cannot be otherwise :). 

Being Dr Strange my favorite Marvel character, I have been staring at set 76205 in the shop the other day just after its release and these tentacles were definitely talking to me, although message was unclear. Checked the price, a tad too high: Meh! 

A couple of days later, Gods know where I was, it struck me! Had one spare Chaos wheel idling there for a while, could dismantle some previous chaos dwarf project for a while, and this set was providing a variety of consistent olive green bits... 


Model is huge and spans about 40cm x 40cm. Moved the eye on one side (although it will not remain there) and decided to keep only one wheel to keep the sense of movement and asymmetry. Tentacles are obviously making their way through the wheel and coming out of the cannon mouth. The effect is a purulent sack enveloping the cannon.

Funny enough, this really looks like one of my conversion of the old times, when I was only modelling and kept LEGO aside for a long while: I took one model and completely transfigured it with bits and pieces from other sets, a perfect chaos corruption! And yet, this is exactly what Nurgle would be doing in the story with the Undivided cannon.

I am simply delighted and I hope you enjoy it, too!
MOC is unfinished on details (some loose tentacles :) ) and colour pattern is not final. More to follow!

UPDATE April 2002

Had a second go at this one some time ago. Made it narrower, with less tentacles spreading around in an attempt at letting the eyes focus on some important details.



Kept the asymmetry of having a single wheel mounted, perhaps I could add one laying on the side and attached to the cannon by some tentacles.

Left out the full body cannon and replace it with a transparent cylinder to try and reproduce an effect of nerves or skinned muscles. Available bricks in pink are very limited and the hue is definitely too bright, the effect of tension could only be rendered by bending and squeezing many 32200 dark pink hoses.

Now, LEGO colors in a perfect Nurgle composition are: olive green, tan and/or white for bones/teeth/claws, dark pink for nerves/muscles, fluo green for pimples (intend to add some!), gold or normal metal for any armor finishing. The way gold matches with tan with a olive green background is just astounding!

Here my building principles: https://legowarhammer.blogspot.com/2020/10/introduction-to-project.html #warhammer #lego #fantasy #custom #MOC #diorama #WHFB #WHLEGO