Dwalin Forkbeard's Hooda-Rock

Now I MUST pay homage to Dwalin Forkbear

In general, for WH-based MOC this is what I more or less take into account: consistency with the story/style, proportions (I firmly believe in a minifig-scale only), innovative/creative solutions, overall composition, amount of details. Here you have them all!

Consistency: this diorama reproduces perfecly a greenskin camp/hide-out: cave, mushrooms, little shelters, and -last but not least!- a pointy rock top!

Proportions: Check!

Solutions+Details: several, e.g. mushrooms of all forms and size, microsquigs all over the place, pointed hats, crescent moon shaped blades, and so on.

Composition: the colour choice and element distribution is just lean and sexy.

Most importantly, I must praise the solution of the greenskin drama/dilemma that is, how to have those pointy noses rendered correctly. And although there is of course no full solution to it, the way minifigs are composed here is a very elegant fix!

Finally, as an AFOL I always wonder what triggers others' inspiration. I take it is normally a single brick, a less-than-one-second intuition. And this is what I literally love about anything and everything creative! I take it, here it was the Nexo-Knight lava ball of the Squig, which always seemed a questioning and intriguing bit to me.

Comments