Garden of Morr

The Gardens of Morr, sometimes known as Temples of Morr, are the sacred cemeteries from which all the dead are to be buried in order for their souls to receive the protection of Morr, the god of the dead and dreams, in the afterlife. These gardens are held in sacred reverence by the Cult of Morr and all their followers, for they consider these cemeteries to also serve as sacred temples consecrated to their god. SOURCE 
 

This MOC has been rotting in my drawers for a while now. Have decided to show some bits and pieces now. 





I find the original model a bit too small to be honest and am honestly focusing on a wider scale. This come with a bigger Amethyst project.

UPDATE 08.09.26 

There are huge novelties worth sharing at this stage. Although some elements are incomplete, the progress made in the past months is really satisfactory. 

So we start with the Morr statue. Very quick intuition and build, I must say: one night! 

 

Main elements for those wondering:

1) Hood is painted (Citadel paints)
2) Head is custom (classic skull design but on light grey background)
3) Shield is a 3D design and print (but I think I will swap against a classic triangular shield)
4) Sword is an alternative brand
5) Body is a customised Statue of Liberty again in light grey

UPDATE 10.09.26 

Told to be hosting a forgotten member of the Von Draken family, this chapel emerges for its extravagant style and repeated use of dragon statues.  

 

This design is entirely of my making, without a Warhammer model to reproduce, although it clearly contains references like scythe shield and the protective scrolls (who are a actually a great idea!). It is deliberately asymmetric, as I cannot make up my mind on several details. I consider it still a bit "empty" with too many flat surfaces. One option would be to have a twin one with the gargoyles, but they are crazy expensive. 

DETAILS:

1) Tiles with scroll and scroll wall entirely my idea :) (visible on previous builds too)
2) Likewise the shield-decal technique for the Morr shield 


Here my building principles: https://legowarhammer.blogspot.com/2020/10/introduction-to-project.html #warhammer #lego #fantasy #custom #MOC #diorama #WHFB #WHLEGO #oldhammer