LORE
Elspeth von Draken, called the "Dark Lady of Nuln", and the "Graveyard Rose", is a magisterix of the Amethyst Order and respected adviser to Elector Countess Emmanuelle von Liebwitz of Wissenland.[2a]
Von Draken was instrumental in defeating and slaying the Kurgan Champion of Nurgle Tamurkhan when the Maggot Lord launched a massive invasion of Wissenland with a great horde of the Warriors of Chaos and their Chaos Dwarf allies out of the Eastern Steppes that culminated in the savage Battle of Nuln in 2511 IC.
MY CONVERSION
My Shysh/Morr seems endless and I got obsessed by how Elspeth is sitting on her slab throne in the original ForgeWorld model. Her quiet gazing around while the Carmine Dragon arches its back is pure magic to my eyes.
DETAILS
- Vest and body design are entirely original and inspired by the long dress in Total War
- Head would require some purple color more, but I went for a plain option, as I do not see this character dedicating much time to make-up
- Headgear was problematic, as NOTHING seems to match her coif. So my decision is legitimate by an old portrait of the wizardess
- The bent scythe with roses is also rather true to the original design. Roses support will soon be replaced by Plate, Round 1 x 1 with Clip on Bottom
- Books page are custom stickers, cannot remember now whether based on existing tiles or not
- Bookstand is made of bones and decorated with roses
- The throne reproduces the pointed, gothic style at my best. Once again I decided NOT to go for decals at this stage, although a little symbol of Shysh should appear somewhere (!?)
- Candles on the throne are burning in translucid purple to echo the magic winds of Shysh
A separate comment is needed on the Carmine Dragon. Smaug was for me the most obvious decision, not least because I already owed one :)! LEGO offers a second option, perhaps more appropriate, in particular as the dragon includes arms (and here is a wyvern). Yet I wanted to be true to the dark red hue which I believe is the most appropriate. Any crossovers between the two do not seem feasible or appropriate. None of them allows for exactly the same standing position of the original dragon with Elspeth sitting on its back.
Most importantly, I believe, she is not sitting straight, fairly reproducing the angle of the original model and still giving the entire conversion dynamism.
DEVELOPMENTS
No further developments are foreseen at this stage, but comments are welcome!
SOCIAL MEDIA
______________________________________________________________________________________________ Here my building principles: https://legowarhammer.blogspot.com/2020/10/introduction-to-project.html #warhammer #lego #fantasy #custom #MOC #diorama #WHFB #WHLEGO #oldhammer #LegoWarhammer #WarhammerLego #panicus





