Empire War Wagon - Total War version (Black Lion)

While building up on the very same model of version 1 and version 2, I really wanted to find a way to pay tribute to the Total War version fo the Empire War Wagon that, unlikely the actual Citadel miniatures, display an opening wagon with cannon, mortar, or hellblaster mounted atop. Now, I already had a hellblaster ready, didn't I?

Then I have found out they even have an actual name in the game, Black Lions - Although with a very little story background behind! 

This was also the opportunity to finally add the doors and the lion-head medallion. Not having anything with some relief among the existing bricks, I chose brick 75902pb17  as best solution, although it remains a tad too exotic and flat. It has besides proved to be a bit tricky to integrate in the existing build, but I am honestly satisfied of the outcome and in particular of the joints at the corner of the front side of the so-called tower to allow the doors to open without otherwise excessively bulky solutions (and believe me, I have tried a few!).

Finally, I have decided to incorporate also the doubel shield and the small ladder at the back side of the wagon, yet another addition coming from the game and the fantastic sketches and additional art material gravitating around it.

I will possibly post very soon some other updates regarding some minor changes: the beaks and the rings. But I need to resort to unofficial brands and they take a while to arrive!

Here my building principles: https://legowarhammer.blogspot.com/2020/10/introduction-to-project.html #warhammer #lego #fantasy #custom #MOC #diorama #WHFB #WHLEGO